Auto shutdown programs?

Alright this is my first custom build. My old computer I would leave running for days and days putting it in hibernate mode when I left the house. I always monitor my temps on my new system. I have the following software that came with it to monitor Asus PC probe2. Then I have a Temp LCD on the tower. I have had it running almost all day and the system ran around 36C Temps on the CPU were around 26C

I would really like to leave this running for extended periods for a faster bootup but i'm worried about what may happen. I'm looking for something that would shut my computer down if I set the temp to say 40C it would auto shutdown to prevent anything from breaking. I can set a threshold through PC probe that alerts me if it were to go over a specific temp but that does me no good if i'm not home.

Iv'e never used it, but most BIOSes have a function that alarms when the pc exceeds a specified temperature, and for the BIOS to talk to Windows i guess the pc has to reboot or something....maybe give it a go...in BIOS look for Power Management or something and look for CPU shutdown temperature. But with those temps you are fine and shouldn't be worrying too much.

Matt

I just checked the bios. It has a bunch of setting on how things power up. The only thing regarding shutdown was a setting for how long you hold the power button in before it shutsdown. Thanks though maybe somebody will know about a program. I'm just worried if a fan fails or something.

I had a look at the manual for your board (if it's the P5n32 like said in your sig) and i know there is an option in Power for the Fan Speed Warning, so if your fan speed goes lower than the specified speed, it will shutdown...quoted from 4-34 in the manual....ill post back if i find some software for you

Matt

I can't be 100% sure that it shuts it off, but i am 98%....you best get another opinion to be 100% sure if your worried...

Matt

Back
Top Bottom