Auto power down

cjwsb

Solid State Member
Hi, there,

I have a Soyo motherboard (forget about model) that can use either AT or ATX power supply. Right now I am using ATX power supply.

During serveral Win upgrades, the following situations happened after I click on "Start", "Shut Down" and then "Shut Down":

1. Win 98 2nd edition: automatically power down.
2. Win ME: have to manually press the power button after the "it is safe to turn off your computer" appeared.
3. Win 2K Pro: automatically power down.
4. Win XP Pro: same as ME.

During all these upgrades, there is no change of hardware or change in mobo switches/jumper setting.

Does anyone knows why and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks.

I think there is a command or a switch somewhere for that setting. I am still looking to see what specifies a shutdown on Windows.

Do you have the jumpers in the right place for power? I've never seen something quite so wierd happen before - but its probably your motherboard thinking something differently with diefferent operating systems. Just one of those things that have to be put up with :mad: my XP Pro switches the Computer off fine, as did 2000 and Me. Must just be a problem with the Motherboard.

The jumper is the only thing I can think of - but as it automatically switched off in 98 and you changed nothing with XP its probably nothing you can physically change. Hopefully Holocron will find something! :D

Back
Top Bottom