Auto Overclocking?

mempf

In Runtime
I have two questions and hopfully someone with a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (AMD_ZEN!!!) will be able to help.

The A8N-SLI has taht special auto overclocking utility, can someone tell me how well it works?

And ew Nvidia GPU's have that overclocking feture in Windows that will detect the best OC level for the GPU. How good is that?

Thanks

The AI NOS is what you are refering to. Use the AI Overclocker carefully. I still like manual overclocking, what is your processor. The AI NOS works very well. If you are refering to nTune or AI for the GPU, they are not that great. For the 6600GTs I actually recommend Riva Tuner, even though I hate it... It allows me to push my 6600GTs to 525/1100 without problems, whereas the AI NOS system gives me warnings, and then will not allow it to happen. Use the AI overclocker if you want though, it works well!

Zen, how much extra cooling do you need in order to overclock? I threw in 2 extra case fans, will that be enough?

I have an ASUS motheboard and got that utility too, You can have small incremental overclocking, but I do not find it's worth it. Where you could really overcllock quite considerably is if you would have memories with much higher frequency than the bus speed. If you could put 533 Mhz (PC4200) memories in your system, you could indicate that in the AI overclocker and you could overclock quite alot. You would certainly need extra cooling, but if the CPU would get too hot, the system would stop before frying your chip.

Unfortunately the ASUS A8N-SLi Deluxe MOBO only comes equipt for DDR400 (pc3200) so i cant put in 533mhz ram. :(

Back
Top Bottom