audio question

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
On my computer there are two areas for audio input and output. The one is of course in the rear and they other is on the top(or front) of the computer, like most computers have. The rear has 6 slots and the front has just the 2, one for mic and one for output. The only one on my computer that works right now is the rear, the front gives me no sound, how do i make it so that the front works...I dont care if the rear doesn't. Also I only ask this because I am having a problem with my mic and want to switch to the front in order to see if the front mic works.

It sounds like you need to connect the front panel audio wires. You'll need to have a look at your motherboard manual. It should show the location of the headers for the front panel audio connections. You will then need to connect the wires from the front panel to the correct pins as outlined in the manual.

is there any way the case didnt come with it because I have all the connectors that were out when I got the case...would they like be hidden up in the case do you think? This mic problem is killing me as well

sounds like the front ports aren't connected to the soundcard correctly.. .you might have to open up the case and make sure that the connections go to the sound card, and don't just stop dead inside the case.

Back
Top Bottom