Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default audio driver

ok Iím just going to say from the outset that i apologize if this question has been answered like a gazillion thousand timesÖ.

so Ive had my laptop for a good 2 years now. a couple days ago it got really infected with viruses, so I rebooted it, yada yada. so currently, my laptop (Dell, inspiron 2200) has windows xp professional on it, and I was also able to install a graphic driver (intelģ media graphics accelerator) and a chipset. but basically every audio driver Iíve tried online either gives me an error during installation or isnít compatible with this computer. maybe I checking the wrong websites?? hereís what Iíve tried thus far:

Yamaha, via, siss, realtek, Phillips, ess, creative labs, c-media, analog devices

i should also add that iím a poor college student and i really cant afford to go out and buy one right now, so downloading from the web is probably my best bet. k, so really all Iím looking for is a specific audio driver that someone knows 100% will work with this computer and wonít give any error messages. gracias
Closed Thread