audio driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

defyinggravity

Beta member
ok I'm just going to say from the outset that i apologize if this question has been answered like a gazillion thousand times….

so Ive had my laptop for a good 2 years now. a couple days ago it got really infected with viruses, so I rebooted it, yada yada. so currently, my laptop (Dell, inspiron 2200) has windows xp professional on it, and I was also able to install a graphic driver (intel® media graphics accelerator) and a chipset. but basically every audio driver I've tried online either gives me an error during installation or isn't compatible with this computer. maybe I checking the wrong websites?? here's what I've tried thus far:

Yamaha, via, siss, realtek, Phillips, ess, creative labs, c-media, analog devices

i should also add that i'm a poor college student and i really cant afford to go out and buy one right now, so downloading from the web is probably my best bet. k, so really all I'm looking for is a specific audio driver that someone knows 100% will work with this computer and won't give any error messages. gracias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom