Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-11-2008, 05:15 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Audacity

Any experienced audacity users out here? I wanna clear up an annoying buzzing sound in my recording, any ideas how I can do this? I also want the words in the recording to be louder, how can I do this? If I can't do this in audacity, is there any other programme out there that will allow me to do this with an audacity format file?

iffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Audacity

I do have Audacity but have only use it a few times.

I use CoolEdit Pro instead. But it sounds like your audio interface is the problem.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
In Runtime

do you mean my microphone? I get a number of options when I plug in the microphone, I always select microphone. Should I select some other options?
Old 05-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Not the microphone.

Mic's are hard devices to match to audio interfaces.

Are you using on-board audio or do you have a PCI audio card?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffy View Post
Any experienced audacity users out here? I wanna clear up an annoying buzzing sound in my recording, any ideas how I can do this? I also want the words in the recording to be louder, how can I do this? If I can't do this in audacity, is there any other programme out there that will allow me to do this with an audacity format file?
The buzzing sound is almost always due to some shoddy electrical work, usually in the power supply of the device. You also have to worry about ground loops, as they can cause this. Try to use balanced connectors as they really help eliminate this.

For making vocals "louder", run them through an aggressive compressor.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #6
In Runtime

Ok guys, I finally realised how to sort the annoying sound out. However I still have a question regarding this topic. Is it possible to run two microphones of the one system and have them recording at the same time independently, off the same application?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Ok guys, I finally realised how to sort the annoying sound out. However I still have a question regarding this topic. Is it possible to run two microphones of the one system and have them recording at the same time independently, off the same application?
I'd use a decent Mic mixer to do that.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Yeah, just get a soundcard with multiple mic inputs. They fall into the professional category and require a bit of extra money.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote