ATX PSU Question

fetus

In Runtime
I just received a replacement power supply for my dell in the mail and it fits into the computer perfectly. I'm not quite satisfied with it though and I might try and get a more powerful one. Are all ATX PSUs the same size? Would a 500 Watt ATX PSU be the same size as a 350 Watt ATX PSU?

What do you mean by same size? You mean by the size of the PSU's metal case? Or the size of the plugs? (which is usually the same size)

I'm not quite sure if there is more than one ATX PSU size, I don't think there is but I could be wrong. But yeah a typical 500W PSU would be the same as 350W.

alvino said:
What do you mean by same size? You mean by the size of the PSU's metal case? Or the size of the plugs? (which is usually the same size)

Yeah I mean the size of the actual PSU, I'm sure that the plugs would all be the same.

Oh I just remembered, there is different types of ATX, there's microATX for one which is smaller so I would imagine a microATX PSU would be smaller. Just find out what kind of ATX yours is (its probably just a normal ATX PSU) and then search for a 500W PSU of the same type.

Back
Top Bottom