160gig hdd
10.1'' screen

Then there is an Acer notebook at wal with
Athlon 64 1.6ghz
2 gig of ram
160gig hdd
350 dollars
15.6'' screen

Now, for 50 dollars more should I get the larger screen/keyboard and more ram?

I don't know how good the athlon is compared to the atom. The issue here is being able to run more at once with the larger realestate on the screen and bogging it down worse.

I love the portability of the netbook, but i'm just not sold on the keyboard.Screen or ram I dont foresee being an issue.

50 dollars is a good chunk of money for me right now. if I can save it I would like too.

and like I said before this is only for school. But it will be dedicated to school. I have a second monitor to hook up to it when I get home, as well as a USB Mouse and keyboard so those are a non issue. I am leaning towards the netbook because of sheer portability, and just dealing with the small screen and worst of all the keyboard at school. but its so easy to literally just take anywhere. At school depending on the day I will be on it at minimum for an hour and probably at most about 4 hours at a time.

the bigger one would be a bit nicer, but personally, not as easy to just have ANYWHERE. I cant see myself taking a bulky laptop downstairs on a couch, id prob just leave it at my computer desk. but hell a netbook can go anywhere in the house. even in the bathroom :D

Sound like you want the netbook to me....

That's what I'd go with. It should be plenty fast for you.

I am looking at two computers.

Netbook (asus I think)
300 dollars
Atom N450 1.66ghz
1gig of fram
160gig hdd
10.1'' screen

Then there is an Acer notebook at wal with
Athlon 64 1.6ghz
2 gig of ram
160gig hdd
350 dollars
15.6'' screen

Now, for 50 dollars more should I get the larger screen/keyboard and more ram?

I don't know how good the athlon is compared to the atom. The issue here is being able to run more at once with the larger realestate on the screen and bogging it down worse.

I love the portability of the netbook, but i'm just not sold on the keyboard.Screen or ram I dont foresee being an issue.

50 dollars is a good chunk of money for me right now. if I can save it I would like too.

and like I said before this is only for school. But it will be dedicated to school. I have a second monitor to hook up to it when I get home, as well as a USB Mouse and keyboard so those are a non issue. I am leaning towards the netbook because of sheer portability, and just dealing with the small screen and worst of all the keyboard at school. but its so easy to literally just take anywhere. At school depending on the day I will be on it at minimum for an hour and probably at most about 4 hours at a time.

the bigger one would be a bit nicer, but personally, not as easy to just have ANYWHERE. I cant see myself taking a bulky laptop downstairs on a couch, id prob just leave it at my computer desk. but hell a netbook can go anywhere in the house. even in the bathroom :D

I hear bad things about Acer... go with the netbook :) ASUS!!!!

Asus FTW man. You can never go wrong with Asus. If you want the larger screen, I guess you can get the Acer, but the netbook is becoming more popular. And there's a few that have up to 14 hr battery life. Now that's sick.

^ I think that's one of them. The chipset on the N450 is a huge upgrade form the N270/280 one.

edit: goddommot, necropost FTL....

Back
Top Bottom