ATI vs. Nvidia...in Consoles

Zaki

Daemon Poster
I see a lot of ati fanboys and a lot of nvidia fanboys, but what side do you (the fanboys) pick when it comes to consoles, especially since they switched platforms now. do nvidia fanboys still prefer xbox even though it will be sporting an ati and do the ps fans still like ati even though the ps3 will have a nvidia?

and here is a question to those who are not fanboys: which graphics+cpu combo is better the ps3's or the xbox360's? and which would you buy for what reason?

also exactly how many 7800gtx or 1800xt cards does one need to stack up against the next gen consoles..obviously a theoretical question?

thanks.

I think it matters much less...plus considering the power of the two cards are only 50mhz different... you wouldn't notice a difference at all.

"which graphics+cpu combo is better the ps3's or the xbox360's?"

Graphics...probably an SLI combo or CrossFire combo running two 7800GTX's or 2 of the new ATI cards. Since the two consoles will beat one of the 7800GTX's :)

For the CPU, i don't think there is a combo available that would beat the CELL for instance, and as for the X-BOX 360's triple CPU's... I don't think you can get that yet either :p So...hmm...

"also exactly how many 7800gtx or 1800xt cards does one need to stack up against the next gen consoles..obviously a theoretical question?"

I mentioned that. You'd need 2 of any of them to beat them.

Though, the consoles games will be made to use every bit of the GPU...but game developers working for PC can't do that as the games have to work on a wide array of systems. So in this case, PC gamers even though they have 2 7800GTX's, won't see games using all this power for quite a while, whereas with the consoles, they'll be able to shove some of the power out straight away :D

Yeah it doesn't rather, because like I said, they are made to fully utilise the power, and there are no drivers, settings to deal with.

noone has really tested them that much yet so it's not like there's a preference in consoles.

ehh, ill go xbox360, couldnt care whats inside it, but if you look at xbox vs ps2, well xbox blew away ps2 really.

so going by past precedent, and even being a semi nvidia fan boy, i will go xbox360.

in my opionion though, console gmaes are dead. when was the last tiem you saw a good game for a console that wasnt a fps, racing game, or have the word madden in it. Sure you get your ocasional rpg, but where are the games like age of empires, command and conquer, REAL STRATEGY GAMES. Where are the games like movie produce simulators for consoles (yes they have one for the pc and its quite fun). Wheres the free online gaming? Wheres the detective games (there are for the pc, my friend has one and its great)? Or games like sims, theirs nto asingle person in the world who doesnt like the sims :p. Wheres the political simulators (JC Capitalism for pc), business, nautical, and social simulators? Like the Playboy Mansion social simulator, not to sound like a perv but thats a great pc game. Wheres the historical and sci-fi fantasy games?

[Rant]If you play a console game you either get, "BOOM! He really plowed him into the ground!" from an overweight senior with voice controll problems thirty times in a game session, or you get a gun, and shoot things, except sometimes they put you in a different place. No one in the console gaming industry takes risk to make games like in pc's. Its monotonous, the same thing. The next generation of consoles is the same thing we've seen over and over again. Theirs nothing new. It's just now, everythings shiny. Congratulations, you blew $400 on a console, $50 a game, and an extra $40 for a good extra controller, and then you dont even get to play all the games. You get to play half of them, to play the other half you have to buy another console. And if you want to play games like mario and zelda, thats another console. At least with a pc i can play any pc game i want, and it surfs the internet, does my homework, designs graphics, plays music, movies, keeps me up to date on the world, and if i want to i can watch tv on it. You may be saying well you spent $1300 on that computer, well, on top of all those extra things my computer does, the person who has a console also has a computer which probably cost them around $800. And by me simply investing a little bit more into it, i save a lot more money in the long run. [/Rant]

Back
Top Bottom