ATI vs nVidia

Crossfire is only for certain ATI, and SLI is only for certain Nvidia. I've heard lots of bad things about Crossfire though....

If you need this computer RIGHT AWAY, go for SLI, if not, wait till the M2 comes out and see how Crossfire performs before making your move. But i would get a 3800+, the extra 1MB cache will only get you 5fps max on gaming, unless you are using this computer for other things, and GET THE EXPERT SLI DR it is improved for better airflow because of the bigger space between the PCI-Express 16X slots.

Well M2 is going to be about another year or so and I kind of need this computer now. I am using the computer for music editing, and gaming.

ownage said:
If you need this computer RIGHT AWAY, go for SLI, if not, wait till the M2 comes out and see how Crossfire performs before making your move. But i would get a 3800+, the extra 1MB cache will only get you 5fps max on gaming, unless you are using this computer for other things, and GET THE EXPERT SLI DR it is improved for better airflow because of the bigger space between the PCI-Express 16X slots.

Yeah if you need the computer like really soon, go with SLI. Because even though I may not liek nVidia all that much, it still suports dual GPUs, which is extremly awesome and very excellent for anytyhing you want to do, especially video editing and gaming.

But if you want to be a patient person and wait for something even better to come out, who knows what it could be, then do that,

I see you listing a lot of really sweet parts. But word of advice, KEEP IT COOL. Invest in fans! I can't even stress the importance of buying good high quality fans. Because if you're going to be running SLI, an AMD 64 and a sweet motherboard, then you need to get that sucker cooled down as far as you possibly can.

Even a single 6800GT non-SLi is good enough to play all games. Water cooling is always a nice alternative (if you know what you're doing).

TRDCorolla said:
You should get the Geil ONE RAM. Best at overclocking. It's got a CAS of 1.5. Take a look here:

GeIL ONE Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) TCCD chips Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144341

I don't know how many times I posted that same link, but it's got impressive specs.

well, there are better ram than that, for example, mushkin redlines and OCZ Gold VX, they do 2-2-2-5 @DDR500, now that is impressive.

1337DuD3 said:
Yeah if you need the computer like really soon, go with SLI. Because even though I may not liek nVidia all that much, it still suports dual GPUs, which is extremly awesome and very excellent for anytyhing you want to do, especially video editing and gaming.

But if you want to be a patient person and wait for something even better to come out, who knows what it could be, then do that,

I see you listing a lot of really sweet parts. But word of advice, KEEP IT COOL. Invest in fans! I can't even stress the importance of buying good high quality fans. Because if you're going to be running SLI, an AMD 64 and a sweet motherboard, then you need to get that sucker cooled down as far as you possibly can.

Thats why i said to go for the SLI-DR Expert, its the new revision and places the X16 slots farther apart so air can actually get in, and invest in some delta tri-blades, nice amount of CFM for little amount of noise. Dont bother looking for them at newegg cuz they dont carry them, look at www.sidewindercomputers.com Also, Delta also makes a fan which pushes 220CFM FOR UNDER 70 dBA. Personally, i think that is very impressive. Deltas are some of the best fans ever made, AND THE SPECS WRITTEN ON PAPER ARE ACURRATE UNLIKE SOME OTHER COMPANIES OUT THERE. Panasonic panaflos are also very nice due to the hydrowave bearing they use.

Yeah if he needs it really soon then get SLI. Or, just get a regular PCI-E card. Anything from an X800 to a 6800GT will be able to run any game on the market.

The Geil ONE can also run on DDR400 with CAS 1.5-2-2-5 and DDR 500MHz CAS 2-2-2-5 too. Just a matter of which manufacturer to choose from.

What the heck is this 2-2-2-5? I would google it, but I'm sure I'd get all kinds of weird results from searching for 2-2-2-5...

Back
Top Bottom