The ATi Radeon HD 3870

Just wait until you see what ATI releases next, Its going to kill Nvidia
I Have a Brother in law that works with a company called coolit system's
they build liquid cooling systems for computer
Alienware Is there biggest buyer, most of alienwares desktops come with coolit cooling
But anyways Ati is also in with Coolit Systems, and they are going to kill every video card on the market

You haven't mentioned anything relating to a new card from ATI.

Just wait until you see what ATI releases next, Its going to kill Nvidia
I Have a Brother in law that works with a company called coolit system's
they build liquid cooling systems for computer
Alienware Is there biggest buyer, most of alienwares desktops come with coolit cooling
But anyways Ati is also in with Coolit Systems, and they are going to kill every video card on the market
Sounds like a little deja voo to me...

Rumor has it, ATI is releasing a multicore GPU. The R700, which will have 1 core, 2 cores, 3 cores, or 4 cores, depending on what you want and what your price range is. This is the reason they are pushing CrossfireX quad so hard.
Also, the 8800GT does out perform the 3870, but only buy about 10%. The difference in costs is about 10%. That said, another rumor has it that ATI will lower the price even more.
Not to mention you can overclock the 3870 A LOT with hardly any temp increase, once you overclock your 3870, it will out perform the 8800GT

glad to see that ati is using thier heads and still in the game being competitive which will hopefully force nVidia to throw something out alot quicker if they had been left to their own devices that is even more powerful

Nice time to come back at post a little.

I believed that the ATI card would beat the 8800GT as i started to read the review but when i saw the charts I was shocked.

What it seems to me is that the ATI card has better hardware but is somehow not being used. Its like its a power house that uses half its power.

But for the price that Nvidia can't beat its up for grabs.

But the thing is, saying ATI is going to release some uber-smashing GPU without anything to back it up isn't helping anybody believe it.

Personally, I won't really be offending anyone, but ALL releases of BOTH Nvidia and ATI are quite disappointing. I was expecting the same thing back with the high end GPUs outperforming in HL2 when that was the hit of the times. I was hoping at least 60FPS on the highest on an 8800 series card. Both card makers disappointed me.

Back
Top Bottom