ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP 128mb

bssr

Solid State Member
Hello i was wondering if this video card is good. I might be able to get it for $50 and want to know how it is. Your opinion is greatly appreciated!

It's great for $50. Lets you play most modern games on medium / high settings.

Of corse really new games like FEAR and Battlefield 2 the card will choke a bit,b ut you get what you pay for.

the 9800 pro is a decent agp card. definitely not the best, but all the same, it's definitely not the worst either. if you're upgrading from intergrated to this. you'll love it.

actually im upgrading to this from a Geforce 6200. Do any of you guys have one and what games do you play on it? BTW thanks guys

lol the geforce 6200 is a pretty sucky card no offense. that card was like top of the line a year or two ago. now it's a mid-low end card. you'll be able to play games like wow and cs source on decent settings, don't worry about it, it's a good investment.

haha i know but its better than the Geforce FX 5200 i used to have. Well thanks for your help, i will have good confidence in buying the card.

For $50, that's a pretty good price for a 9800 Pro. :) That card was considered top-of-the-line about two years ago (cost about $400 at launch). It'll play most games fine on decent settings.

o thanks for the info. Which card would be better, Geforce 6600 or the 9800 Pro?

Back
Top Bottom