ATI Radeon 3450 good for gaming?

dont really know what the native word means, but i know what its about.
Like im saying somebody's desktop resolution is playing at 1680 x 1050, and he plays his game at 1680 x 1050 resolution, and yet he turns on AA.
why do people do that?

I am totally confused... :confused:

I play on an old CRT monitor 15'' inch screen. I don't know the resolution.

Yes, I play with AA/AF.

umm, if I were you, I'd stick with NviDia, but thats my opinion...

Fanboism? just kidding.
Why stick with nVidia? I think i would rather choose the better performance for my money.
Though i like ATI slightly better (like .1%), because of the Catalyst, the nVidia control panel is kind of confusing. But thats the only thing. Other than that, i check the cards in my budget, and get the one that performs better.

i think the old CRT are 1024 x 768.
If you plan to play at that resolution, you shouldnt need to turn on AA, only AF, i think.
So i dont think you will need that much of an high end card.
maybe the 8800GS or the 9600 GT/GSO.

As for ATI, im not really sure, i never researched them and saw any benchmarks because back then, the 2 cards i could buy is either the ATI HD3870 or the nVidia 8800GT, and the 8800GT performed better so i went with that.
But i think the 3850/3870 from ATI should be good.

I dont think i saw any benchmarks for the new 4xxx series and the 9800GTX/2xx series, i dont know how they perform and assume what others say about the cards are correct.

I think the 3450 should be good for your system, though i dont know how long it will last, you might have to change graphics card really quick if you plan to max out a lot of games within the next year.

I would like to know if a ATI Radeon 3450 is good for gaming. Playing games like Battlefield 2, Age Of Empires 3, C&C3, Red Alert 3, you get the idea. Is it good enough? I don't want to play VERY good graphics games like Crysis, but something near that. So do you know?

Do ya?! Do ya?! Do ya!? :D

never go with ATI. NVIDIA is far better and cheaper. And much more overclockable

What would you recommend? And tell me if the video card meets those recommendations. :)

NVIDIA 8800+ GTS

But. I have gotten my Nvidia GeForce 8600+ GT overclocked by 100MHz and it runs everything I throw at it fine.

Whether you need AA or not isn't dependant on the monitor's size. It mostly a personal preference, but it can be more beneficial when playing below the monitor's native res.

@ OP, the HD 3450 might be alright for a few of the games you play. You won't be able to turn the settings all the way up, but they should be playable. A decent card is going to set you back around $75, if you really think you need it. Just see how you go with the 3450 first.

never go with ATI. NVIDIA is far better and cheaper. And much more overclockable
:D :D :D

Whether you need AA or not isn't dependant on the monitor's size. It mostly a personal preference, but it can be more beneficial when playing below the monitor's native res.

@ OP, the HD 3450 might be alright for a few of the games you play. You won't be able to turn the settings all the way up, but they should be playable. A decent card is going to set you back around $75, if you really think you need it. Just see how you go with the 3450 first.

:D :D :D

WE ALL GET IT! NOBODY NEEDS AA! Jeez! Can't you figure that out?

Some games looks better with AA on like GRID.

Since it seems like he is new to graphics card, i dont think he is going to overclock so it doesnt really matter.
and dont be saying things like one sucks way more than the other, especially to people that never bought a card before, or is fairly new to cards.
They will become fanboys, and the reason why the "others" suck is because "others said so" or the "I dont Know".
and fanboys can be really annoying

I'm sorta tending towards Nvidia, including that shiny, dazzling 8600 or 8800 gt. But I might have to get something cheaper because of my budget. I really only wanna spend around $400 dollars on everything including http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Comp...13652/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do , http://crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=8280341CA5CA7304 , and some video card and a replacement psu in the 400s (watts that is) and with amps that meet those [video card] requirements. Any PSUs you would recommend? Preferably from Tigerdirect.com or Newegg.com.

Thanks for replying ya'll!

P.S. Anyone know what type of PSUs this PC [the one I mentioned above] can handle? Like ATX or what? I don't know.

In other words, I'll need to know the motherboard specs.

i dont think you should get an 8600, to me, they are a joke.
No offense to people that had them.
although they did perform fairly well, but overall, i just dont think it was a card to even consider buying.
Most should be ATX.
if you want to run games on fairly high settings, then you might need to upgrade that 1gb of ram, and get an decent card, probably about $100 when it comes to the most recent games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, or Warhead.

i think the cheapest and best quality PSU would be the Antec Basiq, they cost about $50 on newegg, and $30 at micro center if you live near one.

Back
Top Bottom