Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: ATI Issues

are u using a legit vista? or XP? cuz when i tried it before it wasn't working but i was on a non-legit Vista and now im on a legit XP and it worked but i still cant OC
__________________

__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #12
In Runtime
 
toole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 263
Default Re: ATI Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by worshipme View Post
Bingo. Catalyst Control Center -> Information Center -> Graphics Software -> Catalyst Version.

8.9 has just been released BTW. Definitely some performance improvements.
Hey good to see ya Worship.

Quick question then, would it be more advised to dl the package that contains the CCC and the Display Driver, or download and install them seperately?

I always uninstall my prior drivers, of course.

Oh and also, is the hotfix still applicable post 8.7? Like should I install the hotfix while using 8.8/9?

Thanks Guys
__________________

__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 ** Intel ASUS P5Q-E 775 ** G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066 ** SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 750GB ** Sapphire HD 4870-Cross-Fire-Diamond HD 4870 ** GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 ** 24" BenQ 5ms(1920x1200) LCD ** Vista64
toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
worshipme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,603
Default Re: ATI Issues

Quote:
Quick question then, would it be more advised to dl the package that contains the CCC and the Display Driver, or download and install them seperately?
You don't have to d/l CCC at all. I was just trying to reassure you that you do have 8.8 installed.
Quote:
Oh and also, is the hotfix still applicable post 8.7? Like should I install the hotfix while using 8.8/9?
No, that was just for 8.6.
__________________
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #14
Daemon Poster
 
NEED WOW NOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,315
Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW
Default Re: ATI Issues

I think I found your problem. If your looking at the Driver version through the Device manager then it says Version 8.512.0.0 am I not right?

Go into CCC (Advance) and go to Information Center, then to Graphics Software. If you look, it should say:

Driver "PACKAGING" Version - 8.512.xxxxxxx
Catalyst Version - 8.7 or 8.8

If I am reading this right, then I believe that Vista is reading the driver version as the packaging version and not the catalyst version.

BTW, When the hell did Catayst 8.8 come out?
There coming out too fast. T_T
__________________
AMD is Happy!
Intel is Pissed!
Europe is $1.45 Billion Dollar's Richer!
NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #15
In Runtime
 
toole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 263
Default Re: ATI Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED WOW NOW View Post
I think I found your problem. If your looking at the Driver version through the Device manager then it says Version 8.512.0.0 am I not right?

Go into CCC (Advance) and go to Information Center, then to Graphics Software. If you look, it should say:

Driver "PACKAGING" Version - 8.512.xxxxxxx
Catalyst Version - 8.7 or 8.8

If I am reading this right, then I believe that Vista is reading the driver version as the packaging version and not the catalyst version.

BTW, When the hell did Catayst 8.8 come out?
There coming out too fast. T_T
Ahh, good eyes WOW.

8.8? In fact 8.9 is in beta and to be released soon.
__________________

__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 ** Intel ASUS P5Q-E 775 ** G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066 ** SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 750GB ** Sapphire HD 4870-Cross-Fire-Diamond HD 4870 ** GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 ** 24" BenQ 5ms(1920x1200) LCD ** Vista64
toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0