ATI Issues

are u using a legit vista? or XP? cuz when i tried it before it wasn't working but i was on a non-legit Vista and now im on a legit XP and it worked but i still cant OC

Bingo. Catalyst Control Center -> Information Center -> Graphics Software -> Catalyst Version.

8.9 has just been released BTW. Definitely some performance improvements.

Hey good to see ya Worship.

Quick question then, would it be more advised to dl the package that contains the CCC and the Display Driver, or download and install them seperately?

I always uninstall my prior drivers, of course.

Oh and also, is the hotfix still applicable post 8.7? Like should I install the hotfix while using 8.8/9?

Thanks Guys

Quick question then, would it be more advised to dl the package that contains the CCC and the Display Driver, or download and install them seperately?
You don't have to d/l CCC at all. I was just trying to reassure you that you do have 8.8 installed.
Oh and also, is the hotfix still applicable post 8.7? Like should I install the hotfix while using 8.8/9?
No, that was just for 8.6.

I think I found your problem. If your looking at the Driver version through the Device manager then it says Version 8.512.0.0 am I not right?

Go into CCC (Advance) and go to Information Center, then to Graphics Software. If you look, it should say:

Driver "PACKAGING" Version - 8.512.xxxxxxx
Catalyst Version - 8.7 or 8.8

If I am reading this right, then I believe that Vista is reading the driver version as the packaging version and not the catalyst version.

BTW, When the hell did Catayst 8.8 come out?
There coming out too fast. T_T

I think I found your problem. If your looking at the Driver version through the Device manager then it says Version 8.512.0.0 am I not right?

Go into CCC (Advance) and go to Information Center, then to Graphics Software. If you look, it should say:

Driver "PACKAGING" Version - 8.512.xxxxxxx
Catalyst Version - 8.7 or 8.8

If I am reading this right, then I believe that Vista is reading the driver version as the packaging version and not the catalyst version.

BTW, When the hell did Catayst 8.8 come out?
There coming out too fast. T_T

Ahh, good eyes WOW.

8.8? In fact 8.9 is in beta and to be released soon.

Back
Top Bottom