ATI HD 2600 XT won't display to LG LCD at higher than 60 Hz

jimmy1541

Solid State Member
Can't I obtain a driver for a LG LCD under windows 7? Or just a driver that is meant to be used for 42" LCD tv's that function at 120 Hz?

I have some stalling and jumping when I stream movies to my LG tv and the camera pans across some scenery.

Also I can only operate at 59 Hz right now, otherwise the picture does not fit the whole tv. I figure both these problems might be fixed with the proper monitor driver.

I used to have a card years ago for my CRT monitor and at 1600x1200 it would function at 120 Hz. The card was slower than the one I have now is. Also I bought an ATI 5670 recently and I had the same problem with it.

LCDs just simply don't have the high refresh rate that CRTs have unless you pay a pretty penny. Most LCDs that I have seen top off at either 60 or 65Hz. My LG is stuck at 60 too. There shouldn't be anything wrong with your card or the monitor.

I don't think it's a performance issue because on my computer monitor (1920 x 1200) it's not choppy and on my tv (1920 x 1080) it is, even running both at 60 Hz.

I don't know what it could be. My HDMI cable is 25' long, but on my 720p plasma the screen wasn't choppy at all.

Back
Top Bottom