ATI or Geforce?

What an original topic, long story short:
ATi: Performance > Eyecandy
nvidia: Performance < Eyecandy

Price, all depends on what model you get, and neither is better. Right now nvidia holds the performance crown with the 8800GTX, but that starts from $1000 (AU, am from Australia ;)). Tell me your budget and what you usually use your computer for and i'll recommend you a card.

that card does sound good, but i was askin about which graphic card company is better, my friend told me to get Geforce if my budget is low, but get ATI for better performance.

well, im getting my graphic cards from ebay since they are cheaper than the retail at the stores, and im will to spend about $100, not much, but could still get a decent one, and im using for games.

You can't say ATi or nvidia is better (No such thing as geforce, it's nvidia) and $100 won't get you a decent card for gaming, espcially with those up coming DX10 games. If you really have to use only $100, go for a ATI Radeon X1300 Pro. But, if you want to play latest games at high settings, you need a budget of around .. $400 atleast. The ATI Radeon X1300 Pro will be a slug for games nowadays.

well, how about a ATI X1600 PRO PCI-Express 512MB for $110?

It will still take a pounding through all of today's games, and some games will still have unplayble FPS with low settings, if you want to today's games at acceptable frame rates, take a look at the Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS ($199-225), Although the card will only last for around 6months-1year until you will needto upgrade again. Good luck ;)

First, what's your budget? Interface? Brand preference? Longevity? Those are somethings to consider. If you just need something to mid-range to last you until next year before you transistion into DirectX 10 video cards, the 7600 GT and the X1650 Pro will last you for a bit. You'll still get decent frames on decent settings, so don't expect anything full blown.

considering that im a teen thats in high school, and my parents dont approve me of upgrading my computer, so they wont give me any money, and i cant get a job for some apparent reason... i would say im willing to spend around $100-130 or so and im still in the process of upgrading my computer so which i still need about $100 for a new case and power supply and etc, but out of these four, which one will you guys suggest?
1.NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS PCI-E DDR2 256MB
2.nVidia 7300 GT 256MB
3.GeForce 7600 GS 256MB PCI-Expres
4.ATI Radeon X1600 pro 512MB

Back
Top Bottom