ATI Driver issue

serani

In Runtime
So recently I've wanted to update my radeon drivers, I've got an older 9200 but its still doing the job. And I'm running XP.

I went to ATI's main site and I am getting this page ( http://ati.amd.com/online/403/leech.asp ) in all attempts to download catalyst 6.11 or previous ones ;

so naturally I went on my favourite search engine and found multiple other mirrors, no here comes my real trouble:

In all attempts to install any version of catalyst it brings up an error message stating that I am not on the adminstrative account ... its my home PC with the Guest account disable and only a single account, the adminstrative one of course.

Any suggestions?

*And just so that I don't make a second post, anyone know how I can change the Windows default media player from WMP to Winamp ?

Thanks for any help in advanced ^ ^

for the winamp problem go to any folder on your computer e.g.my documents , and then go to tool and click on options then go to file types and select each type of media file and change the programme to winamp by navigating to the winamp installation folder

my answer to radeon problems is
just dont update the drivers, if it aint broke dont fix it

toole said:
So recently I've wanted to update my radeon drivers, I've got an older 9200 but its still doing the job. And I'm running XP.

I went to ATI's main site and I am getting this page ( http://ati.amd.com/online/403/leech.asp ) in all attempts to download catalyst 6.11 or previous ones ;

so naturally I went on my favourite search engine and found multiple other mirrors, no here comes my real trouble:

In all attempts to install any version of catalyst it brings up an error message stating that I am not on the adminstrative account ... its my home PC with the Guest account disable and only a single account, the adminstrative one of course.

Any suggestions?

*And just so that I don't make a second post, anyone know how I can change the Windows default media player from WMP to Winamp ?

Thanks for any help in advanced ^ ^

Is this XP home or Pro?

boot into safe mode, and see if you see an administrator aCCOUNT

Back
Top Bottom