ATI Catalyst problems

jcon891

Daemon Poster
When i put the latest Catalyst drivers in for my video card, i kept getting an error (something like 0xc0000135) so i found out that was the .NET framework

I installed the latest .NET framework, and the 0xc0000135 error is gone :)

now i face a new problem: when i click on CATALYST control center, it comes up with an error that says this:

"You do not have permission to change CATALYST Control Center settings. Please contact your administrator for further help."

so i made sure my product is registered and everything (which it is) and i just cant seem to find out what is wrong

The main reason i wanted to go into the CATALYST Control center was to turn up the graphics card Hardware Acceleration because when i go into World of Warcraft it says i need to update my Graphics drivers or my directx (and i have version 9.0c) so i think im ok w/ that

please help

Oh btw, if it helps i have Windows XP Professional :)

-----UPDATE-----

OK i got rid of my Catalyst drivers and installed Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net ... i can open them!

but the problem is World of Warcraft still will not open. the error i get says:

"World of Warcraft was unable to start up 3D acceleration. Please make sure DirectX 9.0c is installed and your video drivers are up-to-date."

i just rechecked, and i have DirectX 9.0c, and i just installed those new drivers.. so i dont get whats wrong.

any suggestions?

Hmm, maybe you had a bad install of directX maybe download it again and re-install it.

Okay i got one problem fixed... I right clicked on the WoW icon and i went to properties.

under propertiest i added -opengl to the target name. now i can play world of warcraft.

STILL one problem though... the game is INCREDIBLY laggy... and it has never been like this before.

any suggestions now?

Back
Top Bottom