ATI Card Issue

steeda001

Baseband Member
Everytime i have ever used an ATI video card, whether on board or not, i run into this issue with desktop wallpaper. I set the desktop wallpaper to some picture on my computer and it works. THen after a reboot, the desktop comes up, i see my pic, and then explorer.exe starts and brings up the icons, and the picture disappears. I do not understand why it does this. Not all ATI utilities give you the option to choose desktop wallpaper, so you have to do it through the Windows interface. Why does this darn thing keep disappearing? Also, if you go back and add a default wallpaper in windows, it works fine. Custom pictures from "MY Pictures" or something always tend to disappear. Any ideas?

Sounds like a problem with the Catalyst Drivers. Why don't you just go into your pictures select the one you want as your desktop wallpaper right click and click set as desktop background?

Thats how i set it normally. Its a weird phenomenon...that only seems to occur on ATI cards for me. Its happened on a few machines for me. After awhile, the picture will disappear. If you close the explorer.exe process, the picture is there. When you restart process and the desktop comes up with icons, it disappears. Anyone else seen this?

Back
Top Bottom