ATI AMD's R600 board is a monster

X1337

Fully Optimized
ATI'S R600 GPU features a number of innovations and improvements that are interesting, to say the least.
First of all, you need to know that this PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is the most expensive one that the graphics chip firm has ever ordered.

Did we mention two gigabytes of video memory? Yup, insane - though perhaps not in the professional world, where this 2GB board will compete against upcoming G80GL and its 0.77/1.5GB of video memory. We do not expect that R600 with 2GB will exist in any other form than in FireGL series, but the final call hasn't been made yet.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35708

8800GTX = Owned, if you all don't know what the R600 core is... It's the new ATI DX10 Shader model 4.0 chip

yeah.. the r600 is going to destroy the 8800gtx, nvidia has some trouble ahead of them unless they slash their prices. they're having trouble with their SLi config right now too.

Trivium Nate said:
Good god stop making Gpu's lol
lol yeah.. i felt terrible when the 7600gt came out right after i bought my 6800GS...i wanted to kick myself

Trivium Nate said:
Good god stop making Gpu's lol
Well, Nate, you feel like many people. Although, if people take te time to look and wait until they find the right card, then you won't regret it. People nowdays are jjust rich of their arses and daddy and mommmy buys them everything. Well, I shall speak with the million of us: WE are NOT NEAR to be RITCH! Better give us something that bangs the buck or I'll smarten you up by making myself the boss. lol!

On the other Hand, I knew that the R600 would consume the 250W, but considering the really fast transfer, Dual Crossfire, high speeds and GDDR4, that'll speak for itself, but if you do that Dual Crossfire, you'll better look for a 900W or a 1KW PSU. Alienware says one 8800GTX requires 1000W in SLI. Well, they're wrong, but not quite far, considering these requirements. I'll just inplant a 15KW/H machine in my garden, that'll save the bills lol!

lhuser said:
Well, Nate, you feel like many people. Although, if people take te time to look and wait until they find the right card, then you won't regret it. People nowdays are jjust rich of their arses and daddy and mommmy buys them everything. Well, I shall speak with the million of us: WE are NOT NEAR to be RITCH! Better give us something that bangs the buck or I'll smarten you up by making myself the boss. lol!

On the other Hand, I knew that the R600 would consume the 250W, but considering the really fast transfer, Dual Crossfire, high speeds and GDDR4, that'll speak for itself, but if you do that Dual Crossfire, you'll better look for a 900W or a 1KW PSU. Alienware says one 8800GTX requires 1000W in SLI. Well, they're wrong, but not quite far, considering these requirements. I'll just inplant a 15KW/H machine in my garden, that'll save the bills lol!
lol when i got my 6800gs it was a good deal, but right after the 7600gt and that was an even better deal.. that sucked.
i don't think sli'd 8800gtx would take 1000w, i'm pretty sure the inquirer said each card took about 250 watts.. 250+250 500?

Back
Top Bottom