Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Default ati 1900 series

a lot of people including myself have been confused as to how many pipelines the new ati cards have, well i found this article that explains it "With their follow-up R580 part, ATIís now turned their attention to another area: speeding up pixel shading. As has been widely reported leading up to the Radeon X1900 launch, the X1900ís R580 GPU is ATIís first graphics chip to be equipped with 48 pixel processors. Itís important to note however that R580 isnít a 48 pixel pipeline part. Starting with the R5xx series, ATI has begun to decouple the pixel shaders from the texture units, so the traditional ďpixel pipelineĒ as we knew it for years in R300 and R420/R480 no longer applies. "

the rest of the article goes over the cards in detail and also has 3dmark06 benchmark results, yes it is beating the 7800gtx 512mb, enjoy http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/...ew/default.asp

ASUS P6X58D premium | i7 920 D0 @ 4.2GHz | Corsair XMS3 6GB | MSI GTX460 HAWK | OCZ vertex 2 SSD | Coolermaster HAF X case
gaming_freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer
Default Re: ati 1900 series

MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote