Ati

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Hey what card is better the ATI RADEON X800 XL 256MB GDDR3 AGP Graphics Card or the nVida 6800gt agp.? and does the X800XL have 16 pipelines? or only 14? I can get the x800xl for like $400 bucks right now so should I?

Both are excellent cards. The X800 XL can easily OC a past the GT's stock speeds, but the GT can easily OC to a 6800 Ultra's speed.

you might want to consider getting an OEM ati card, there a lot cheaper you just dont get the cd and cables. I got an X800 XT(kick ass!) for $250

Yeah the one David is suggesting is a better card yet if your motherboard is AGP, you'll need a bridge chip to change the PCI-E to AGP for that card. But this is for top gamers who want the best.
The new ATI card though, the X850XT PE is the fist ATI AGP card for high gaming

and that card is also good but is only needed if you want to play at top settings again, and really high resolutions that some monitors don't even support. If you are a really dedicated gamer, then yes, People would pay that much for a card, and will play games at their best for a while.

I would personally go with the 6800 if you wanted to pay that much for a card, which will be about the same I think to the X800, but it's your choice, they are both good cards. Then theres the 6800 Ultra which is as good as/ or better than the ATI x850 David was saying about

Back
Top Bottom