Which Athlon 965?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Two options. Only difference I see is power consumption?

I dont understand. Basically I cant afford the computer all at once because I am terrible at saving money if I dont have a desired goal. So, I need to start myself on this computer build and I am going to start with the processor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103692&cm_re=965-_-19-103-692-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727&cm_re=965-_-19-103-727-_-Product

:confused:

Which do I want

personally id rather get the quad core, the hex core really only shines when doing ridiculous number crunching, and the quad already owns in that but its really just your decision. They are both "equal"

Oh...
and these are Phenoms, not Athlons like your thread title says lol

Yeah I was hoping no one would notice that >.>

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

I cant make a decision.

So with the hex core would I notice any immediate improvements over the quad, or is it just a little more future proofed?

I like to mulit task, and just picked up a 32'' LCD for this next build. I plan on 3 monitors. Two 23''s and a 32''. I will have it seems like a million things open. Sometimes I will leave things open for a week or two at a time.

No gaming. Just mulitasking and a ton of it. What would be better? What will last longer?

last longer? probably the X6
Any Improvements? not likely, since the X4 is at 3.4Ghz, and the X6 is at 2.8Ghz, stock of course, and even if you really cant go by clock speeds anymore, if your using single threaded apps, the X4 will run them faster.

but i mean... even on my X4 iv never had it studder with like Crysis running, Anti Virus, 30 web pages, Media player going, ect.

and the screens really only have to do with your GPU

Well with resolution, but its the CPU that has to put everything on those screens and run all the programs I will be able to open on them lol.

Give me an example of a CPU that will use all 6 cores. I dont even know if I have one. I almost feel like having two extra cores is kind of a waste for me.

I dont do video editing or mad number crunching -usually-, but I do dvd ripping from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom