Athlon 64 4000+ Temp

Memphis`

In Runtime
Anyone know the normal running temperatures for an athlon 64 4000+ cpu are?
Myfriends just bought one and its running in idle at 50C plus. Now even I know enough to tell that that isnt normal, with a Thermalright XP-120 as well.
He's going to try re-sitting it and see what happens. Any thoughts?

when i had my 4000+ it was idling at around 38 degrees c with my zalman cooler. has he got a stock cooler for it? maybe you should try and reapply the thermal paste and make sure there is a good air flow getting into the case

Make sure he has adequate airflow inside the case and that his cpu cooler is installed correctly and that he's using some good thermal paste. And just a very very thin layer of thermal paste.

Make sure theres adequite cooling gel between the motherboard andt he processor, and make sure there is no dust in there either...if something was in the way even a bit spec of dust it can cause the processor to OH.

He isnt overclocking it is he? or accidently has the Vcore too high in the bios, core voltage increases can really take the temp up.

No, everything was default. After he re-applied it went down to mid 30's, then his computer broke due to mobo/gfx card or HD being almost dead so spose it doesnt really matter anymore! cheers anyway.

Mid 30's is average for the CPU, mine is currently 38c with the stock cooler and thats oced, sorry to hear the rest of the PC is bust though lol

Matt

Back
Top Bottom