Athlon 3700 temps

dmb51599

In Runtime
For everyone here that has an athlon 3700 what is your idle temp?? Mine is at 40c. I have 5 fans too. I may need to get a bigger CPU cooler.

What are the temps under load as long as you dont go over 55 you should be good.

Idling at 40 Celsius is fine... But you live in Michigan, right? Depending on where you are in your house, this can be fine or bad. What you really need to watch out for is your load temperature. Idle temperatures are really no big deal; they are almost always fine unless something is wrong with your cooling system. Load temperatures is what you should watch for. Like Dev said, 55 Celsius is a good limit. While AMD's can take temperatures up to around 60-65 Celsius, going over 55 Celsius isn't too great.

Personally, since I upgrade a lot, and I probably will be in a year or two, I'm not so concerned on temperatures, since a little warm temperature is not going to reduce the life of a component that much if it is still in the "okay" zone. My load temperature is about 50 Celsius, more or less. It has jumped to 52, once.

I am running at 37 Celsius, for my 3700 and it goes to 42 under load, this is after I have installed an Artic Cooler 64 Pro, it has really had a drastic improvement in my temps, another example was before, the general case temperature was on average about 38 celsius after being left on all day, now its 23 Celsius after two days being on constantly.

Yea.. be a good idea to invest with a new cpu heat sink and fan. just take the worry out of your cpu temp.. be a good idea to set ur computer to restart or turn off once it get over 52-55 c/

Back
Top Bottom