Asus Xonar Essence STX

niiko101

In Runtime
hey guys bought a Asus Xonar Essence STX the special addition and it came with op-amps, not really sure what they do can somone please help me and describe what they do and if i should change them over

The op-amp option allows you to change the "tonal sound color" according to the manual. Of the three op-amp sockets, two can be used to change the tonal sound of the 1/4" headphone jack, and the third the RCA jacks.

You would have to try it and see how you like the "tonal sound color." In my opinion, I wouldn't bother with it. It isn't going to improve the sound quality; that is determined by the audio source. In my opinion, recorded audio is usually "tuned" by the artist to what they want it to sound like. I always strive to reproduce sound accurately. Personally, I think the "tonal sound color" feature is a gimmick. My home theater system does a good job of reproducing sound in normal mode, it has digital signal processing for concert hall, jazz club, enhanced, etc. Those non-normal DSP modes distort the sound by adding re-verb and other qualities. I just want the sound as it is meant to be heard. The whole DSP thing for modes other than normal on my home theater receiver are just a gimmick.

Yeah I didn't think that it would make a difference, if it made such a difference they would of fitted it from factory not give them as a add-on

Back
Top Bottom