Asus trackpad problem

stealyourfaced

Beta member
Hey guys this is my first post so please bare with me. I just bought an asus s550ca ultrabook like a week ago. Just the other day I managed to spill a half a shot of rum on the trackpad. I wiped it up quickly but I believe some of the liquid still seeped down in on the sides of it. The trackpad still works but when I use it it acts as if I'm holding in the left clicker or doubled tapping everything. So if I'm on the desktop and move the mouse it drags that blue highlighting square everywhere I touch and if I'm on the start screen it drags apps wherever I move. Its starting to kind of fix itself and not do it as much but I'm still having the problem a lot. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rum is made from sugar cane and spices and therefore is inherently sticky. Seeping in to the device it self and drying out it shows how sticky it can get. When you press on the pad it keeps the pad in the pressed position. As the sugar crystals break down it may let go.
Send it back to be serviced. If you're honest with them they may blow it off as a warranty repair. If not it's not going to be all that bad.
Don't try to take it apart. You'll kill your warranty.

Thanks for the help. I didn't take it apart yet. I have a year limited warranty and a year accidental warranty so I'm covered only thing is I bought it for school and classes start in a week so I don't want to send it back unless I absolutely have to, which they said it could take up to 3 weeks to get it back to me. Hopefully I can figure out a way to clean it or something.

You won't be able to do so properly without killing the warranty. Best to send it back now and figure out another solution for the two weeks without laptop. Keep in mind that rum is relatively acidic, so you probably don't want to stall this.

Back
Top Bottom