Asus SLI motherboards

MSchmiess

Baseband Member
I have a buddy who advises against Asus SLI motherboards. He says he's had 2 and they've both worked fine for 6 months then died out on him. I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced or heard of any failure from these boards after a little bit of time. I'm looking at the P5N-E SLI.

That's the first I've heard of any dying like that. Maybe he had other issues such as a bad PSU or something.

I've had my Asus A8N-SLI Premium for more than a year without any problems. In fact, I've used nothing but Asus and Abit motherboards in all my builds over the past ten years or so. None have ever failed in day to day use. :D

i dont like those bords no reason just dont
go for the nvidia 680i form evga new model out just fixed all bugs =)

I have an ASUS A8N32, still running after over a year. That's a new one to me... dying after ~6 months. Never heard of a case like that before.

I have one also. I had to replace mine, because the BIOS fried for a sort of reason. If the guy OCs like mad, then, if not well taken care for cooling, boards tends to die eventually. They're good.

@esa193: The 680i chipset is horrible for Intels. They give errors that could be avoided with any other chipsets.

ASUS used to have some okay SLI boards. Nothing good, but they weren't pure crap. Now they're definately better.

i think ASUS's workstation boards are nice. Everything else has a crazy amount of vDroop, but i guess it can't be helped. But overall, i wouldn't hesitate to buy an ASUS board.

Not really...there are actually a lot of great motherboard manufacturers out there. :D ASUS does, however, sell the most motherboards and is the largest motherboard manufacturer in the market.

Never had a problem with Asus boards, its what i always use when i build a system.

Back
Top Bottom