Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default asus p6x58d-e wiring

Putting together a new system. I am using an ocz 700 watt psu. The plugs for the power pins are a little different than I have used in the past. There is a double power plug that has 20 pins on one connector and 4 pins on the other connector. They both fit into the 24 pin socket so I am hoping that I have that right. If I remember the past power supplies that I have used had all 24 pins on one connector? There is also a double power plug on the power supply pigtail that is labeled cpu 1 (4pins) and cpu2 (4pins). The motherboard has a 4 pin socket up above the cpu that is labeled atx-e power (I think). There was a cover over another 4 pins on this socket that would make this an 8 pin socket if I removed it. Do I use both of these cpu power plugs in this 8 pin socket?

Here is a link that shows the power supply and it's related plugs.

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, AMD 4200 X2, MSI 7600 GT, 2GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800, Creative SB live 24 bit, Samsung 16x DVD-RW, Seagate 7200.10 250GB sata 3.0 hd, Antec true power 2.0 500W ps, Antec super lanboy anodized aluminum case, Hans G 19" widescreen LCD monitor, Logitech 2.1 speakers, Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse.
teamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: asus p6x58d-e wiring

You have the 24 pin connector installed properly. You must conncet both cpu1 and cpu2 power to the 8 pin sockect or your system will not boot.
hvacdoc is offline   Reply With Quote