Asus p6t front audio not working.

fael097

Beta member
Hi, I have an i7 930 on a Asus p6T mobo, and since the day I bought it, my case's frontal audio inputs aren't working. I always assumed the case had the audio jacks damaged or something, because the frontal USB inputs work just fine. but last week I replaced that old case, and frontal audio inputs also aren't working on the new one. my mobo front audio connectors don't seem damaged or anything. Do I have to activate the front audio somehow? like bios, drivers, anything? or could this be a factory defect?

another issue, I have a gtx260, and my HDMI audio doesnt work aswell.
I don't use an hdmi cable with the nvidia DVI adaptor, I have a HDMI/DVI cable, so I dont know if the cable's DVI plug has no audio pin, or if the problem is in my hardware, or even if it has something to do with the above problem. any clues?

thanks in advance.

I'm not really sure about the first problem. Might be a setting in BIOS somewhere.

As for the second, DVI does not carry audio signal. If you want audio, you'll need to find a monitor that has an HDMI input on it.

sorry I wasn't very clear

my monitor (TV actually) has a HDMI input. it's my video card that doesn't, but it's a gtx260, it includes a DVI adaptor for HDMI cable, and it says it supports HDMI, that's also the reason for the SPDIF cable, to send audio via HDMI. so the DVI adaptor is plugged in my video card. so I dont know if the nvidia DVI adaptor is a different kind of DVI that actually sends audio to the HDMI.

Back
Top Bottom