Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default Asus P5Q Problem

I've installed express gate, repaired it, uninstalled it, installed again. No matter what, I can't seem to get express gate to launch on boot. It always tells me it's not installed or there is error.
I've tried changing booting from HDD or CD and it still doesn't work.
One thing I noticed, at the beginning, it flashes a harddrive can not be detected. However, everything still works as I am using the computer right now.

As well, I'm trying to upgrade the stuff for the motherboard but it's quite overwhelming and I have no idea where to start.

Intel E8400 (3.7 ghz) w/ CM 212+ | Palit HD4850 512mb | 2x2gb OCZ Vista Performance Platinum | Corsair TX650W | Asus P5Q | Lancool K-62BW
Impruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Asus P5Q Problem

We've got similar builds and I too am not able to get Express Gate functional..I remember reading about a lot of issues with it with other people.

There is a small line that pops up while booting saying that E.Gate didn't load properly and to 'hit any key to continue' though regardless of hitting a key; I boot normally.

I haven't looked into it, but I'm sure there are loads of googled articals on the issue.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 ** Intel ASUS P5Q-E 775 ** G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066 ** SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 750GB ** Sapphire HD 4870-Cross-Fire-Diamond HD 4870 ** GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 ** 24" BenQ 5ms(1920x1200) LCD ** Vista64
toole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Site Team
Default Re: Asus P5Q Problem

My guess is that there is probably issues with Express Gate, due to a possible bad memory onboard, for that feature. That, and the lack of a possible missing MBR.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote