Asus P4C800-E Deluxe BIOS setup problem

You can (and you have) disabled the promise fastrak controller. This is only for raid on the Pata drives & the second two SATA drives.

The First two SATA drives are controlled by the Intel Raid.

So disabling the promise controller will not affect your machine unless you had Pata/second sata port Raid.

Gibant is correct here, I am not using the Promise RAID controller at all, I have one SATA drive connected via the SATA1 connector, not the Promise SATA RAID array controller, the BIOS message is standard and should I ever get this thing to work it can be turned off in the setup.

However, the plot thickens, after flashing the BIOS to 1017, the latest version. That had no effect, I was told to erase the CMOS by using the jumper settings on the motherboard, so I did. Now the computer wont even boot windows. It hangs after the promise message each time now.
My understanding is that when the CMOS is cleared the computer will automatically enter setup when it is powered on, it looks as if it is trying to enter BIOS setup and hanging where it would normally begin.

I'm convinced that I have a duff board, I will contact my reseller for a RMA I think.

Thanks for the help guys. :)

Back
Top Bottom