Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Asus Motherboard

I just recenlty bought a Radeon x800 Gt vid card, and an Asus A8n Mobo. I put the graphics card in and turned on the PC and I get no Video. I then tried it in the pci 4x slot instead of the 16x, and still no video. I have tried this with multiple monitors and i still cannot get anything. Any suggestions welcome.

wackypaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Asus Motherboard

ok u did what???? u do not put a vid card thats designed for pci-e into a pci-e 4x slot now then is the card agp or pci-e? did u check? also did u plug a connector from the power supply into the card? if not then thats y it isnt working

Old 01-07-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
Solid State Member

well, there is no power connector on the motherboard to hook into. All you need to do is just place the vic card in and then it should work...but it doesnt.
wackypaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #4
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Ok, you need to put the video card in the PCI-Express slot. Then, make sure your power cable is plugged in, turn it on, see what you get.
JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:11 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

No, actually the video card can run in a PCI-Express x 4 slot. I just bought an Asus A8N5X motherboard (I'll bet that's what you got) and in the manual you can put a PCI-Express x16 video card in the PCI-Express x 4 slot. It just doesn't run as fast.

And, most video cards DO have something from the power supply that plugs into them. What kind of video card are you using? If it is above something like an ATi 9700 or GeForce 6000 series, then you probably should have something going from your power supply into your card. And since you're using a PCI-Express x 16 slot you can't really get any old cards for it, so I bet you do need to plug something in. My card came with a 6 pin adapter to 2 molex connectors (eVGA 7800GT).
Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote