Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-06-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
Beta Member

Send a message via AIM to Tonymac Send a message via MSN to Tonymac
Default hmm

I'm building this for a friend, and I told my guru buddies my config, and one aid, what kept you from 2500+ Barton Instead of Thorton??? So I guess I can overclock the Barton a bit more... Cool...

Well anywaz new 2500+ arriving tomorrow.

Hey I just built myself a 64bit system. 1 gig corsair xms, 3000+ 64bit, geforce 5700LE.... also had a sata hd, which I think I damaged... First time using one, and plugged legacy AND serial power into it, then when it didn't recognize I took it out to switch the jumper and read that yur not supposed to plug both in at the same time (use one or the other)... Ordered a new one, but just from curiosity, I ordered a sata cable that has, on the end that goes to the hd, power and serial connection... sata cable that came with hd only has the serial connection (forcing me to use legacy power). My question is does the hd pull power from that one serial connection off the mobo? Also, what is recommended: to use the serial power connection or legacy power (power supply).

Thanks for the great help!

Tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 03:20 PM   #12
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Hmmm, I would use Legacy anytime if it is possible. Don't want too much coming through the Motherboard or to stop any coming to other devices.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:53 PM   #13
In Runtime

Is the cmos jumper set to clear? Make sure it's on normal. Other than that it could be a short on the motherboard.

Check theres plenty of room under the MB and no screws tucked under there, may sound funny but i've seen it.
EVGA 8800 Ultra OC
Xifi Fatal1ty
Dell 3007WFP-HC
gibant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 12:13 AM   #14
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto
Default Re: Asus Mobo Problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibant1
Is the cmos jumper set to clear? Make sure it's on normal. Other than that it could be a short on the motherboard.

Check theres plenty of room under the MB and no screws tucked under there, may sound funny but i've seen it.
And mine are called insults.see below.
=========
Yes but this member has built "10 systems" why would he not know how to mount a mbd ?
Quote,
Yes I have only built a total of ten computers,
Bottom Line,when will decide you can't do this anymore i guess,you lost it somewhere.hee hee,laugh please,it's not that serious unless you make it that.
Maybe those lost screws gibanti1 speaks of.

One more point though,if you and others prefer to go through all this grief than maybe we need a builders forum,not a consumers forum.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 05:46 PM   #15
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Make a Builders Forum then Bluto?