Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-30-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
In Runtime
Default Asus AI N.O.S & OCing my PC...Give us a hand pleeease.

Alright chaps and chapetes,
I decided i wanted to overclock my PC a tad today. I used that auto overclocking thing on the sticky thread which got my 6600GT to Core Clock: 570Mhz & Memory Clock: 1.14Ghz...Is that good or a complete waste of time??? ALSO; IS THAT SAFE!!!???

Ok, now i'm moving on to the CPU which i don't want to touch but remembered some features of my mobo (Asus A8N-E).

So...I've just been poking about in my BIOS as i've never taken much of a look since i built my PC. Anyway, it's got the option for "AI N.O.S" (This ASUS auto-overclocking thing) and several different %'s to overclock when the computer decides it needs to, well...N.O.S (whatever that means).

Just wondered if anyone is familiar with using this and if it does much?

I gave it a go at 10% and Windows wouldn't start, just hung on a black screen...So, i turned it off and it started again. Any ideas???

Anyway, basically is this a safe and worthwhile thing to use. I think it's standard with the new Asus boards and i know a lot of people have them so i wondered if anyone uses it.

FINALLY!!! What's AMD Cool 'n' Quiet like...Besides having a really crap name. Is that worth using and will i notice that, cos it's turned off too.

Lot there, hope it can all be answered.
Wiredchild is offline   Reply With Quote