Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

Hello all!

I have a ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 mobo. I have just updated to Windows 8 64 in hopes it would solve my problem. I am trying to connect a Samsung 840 Series 250 GB SSD to the board but it is not being detected by the BIOS or Windows. Initially installed the drive to a SATA3 port on the mobo, I have also tried a SATA2 but to no avail. I contacted Samsung and they directed me to the route of updating the BIOS for Windows 8.
I downloaded the updated version of the BIOS, which includes Windows 8 64 but now I can't get it to flash. According to ASRock, if to hit f2 or delete it will interupt the POST and take you into the BIOS setup. It never works. I keep getting loaded into Windows. Another option is in Windows to hit ALT CTRL DEL then hit the retest button on the chassis followed by f2. It worked once but I have not been able to repeat the result.
Bit at my wits end here. I wrote ASRock fore suggestions. I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone had suggestions as to where to go from here? I am not totally convinced even updating the BIOS will solve the problem but it can be one thing ruled out.

I appreciate your help in advance!

ferrari355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3

Try delete when post screen is visible. that might take you to the bios.

Have you tried a different sata cable?
You properly have. If so try this:
Go to the desk management to see if your drive is detected. (right click on "computer" then choose manage)
If it is: then change the drive letter. If that doesn't work, then format it.
If not: Try reset the cmos. You do that by taking the battery out on the motherboard and wait 10 seconds before placing it back again.
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 512GB - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote