ASPIRE vs. Antec Case

I wouldn't pick either of those. But if I MUST pick one, I would choose the Antec one simply because it looks better and has better construction than the Aspire version. This is what I would get for a case:

Lian Li PC-60APlus Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112077

It's got a lot more cooling features and excellent construction too. It's only $125 and people say it's the best case ever designed (reviews).

TRD, one of those reviews, the first or second, mentions the case being a poor choice for a beginner builder. I believe it was because it has minimal space, or everything has to be laid out perfectly, otherwise you run into problems. Any word on this?

I read the reviews and I still can't find that. It did say by one user that the manual wasn't too clear for him, but it's only a case. Doesn't take much knowledge to put it together. It's an ATX case so all ATX motherboards should fit in it fine. All the other reviews had no problem with installation. That guy must have been a noob or something and didn't know what he was doing. Despite that, he still gave it 5 eggs, lol. Must have been impressed by it regardless.

I think that Lian-Li case is still far more superior to that Thermaltake case. The only thing I wish the Lian-Li case had was a clear side window. It comes with a CPU cooler so that's pretty good. No need for a side fan. All the cases listed above will do a good job, but I feel the case I suggest will do a much better job with cooling.

If I don't plan to OC, though, do you think mine will do fine?

In fact, could you take a glance at my thread?

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=29374

EDIT:

2nd to last review when you select "view all":

Comments: I have enjoyed this case. It is very stylish without the alien look. It stays consistantly In the mid to low 30's cel. The only recommendation is to make a check list of what you will need before buying. The 80mm fan that blows on the cpu requires a 3pin connector. If you do not have an extra on your MB you will have to buy a Molex-to-3pin. I would not recommend this case for a novice builder for it requires some thought to put all your goodies in it, but if your a veteran, I say go for it, you will love it.

Reviewed By: Titan man, 4/28/2005 5:10:41 AM

You'll do fine with any case really. That Thermaltake you suggested would be a nice fit for those specs if that's the design you like.

I have personally used both the P-180 and X-Navigator. I like the P-180 10 times better. I get better temps without the excess noise. The X-Navigator sounds like a jet engine. They fans that they provide are the weakest fans ever. The P-180 uses only 120mm fans and they push quite a bit of air at the medium speed level. The P-180 is very stylish, but a little bit on the heavy side. Its a very good case for the first time or experienced builder.

You want to see a nice case?

3D AURORA series (GZ-FSCA1-ANS(ANB)
-Aluminum body , high-end futuristic design
-Comes fully equipped, supports all liquid cooling system
-Three ultra quiet 120mm illuminated fans, built-in Blue LED illuminated front fan with 3-way intake
-Enhanced rear plate with Nickel coating
-Dual security locks (front & side panel), protect computer system data
-Tool-less : Hassle-Free Assembly

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Peripherals/Products/Products_GZ-FSCA1-ANS(ANB).htm

Back
Top Bottom