Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

As a 2400mhz will increase the voltage and cause my pc to have a bad effect.

Would you recommend this RAM kit:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Skill-F3-1...=TridentX+16gb
__________________

terminator123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:48 PM   #12
In Runtime
 
Craig Prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 475
Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Prince
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

That's a fine RAM kit. Although, you may have to remove the red fins if they interfere with the CPU cooler. Just keep that in mind.
__________________

__________________
PC SPECS: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zY6yyc
Craig Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #13
Baseband Member
 
starrrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 68
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator123 View Post
Ah okay I will thanks, not sure how I'm going to find out but IM going to be using the Nzhxt h440 mid tower, and cpua cooler enermax t40 hm..
^_^ i think they will fit just nice~just not sure about cpu cooler to ram

review for Enermax ETS-T40 Black Twister here ^_^ they also state it has a lack of ram clearance T_T.

If i may i would like to recommend you on another cpu which is good >_<

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U14S
Reasons: they have good support and really good cpu cooler when overclocking too >_< they also have good ram clearence
Reviews: webby / webby /
Compatibility for ram: webby / /

hope this helps >_<
starrrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #14
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrrie View Post
^_^ i think they will fit just nice~just not sure about cpu cooler to ram

review for Enermax ETS-T40 Black Twister here ^_^ they also state it has a lack of ram clearance T_T.

If i may i would like to recommend you on another cpu which is good >_<

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U14S
Reasons: they have good support and really good cpu cooler when overclocking too >_< they also have good ram clearence
Reviews: webby / webby /
Compatibility for ram: webby / /

hope this helps >_<
ah ok thanks maybe il look into this one but surely this one will be blocking the ram slots too? so wat do u mean by clearance;p

or how about something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Be-Quiet-Dar...k+2+CPU+cooler

because

uses it ;p and also on some of neweggs builds they use the enermax for i7.
terminator123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:13 AM   #15
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

I see you have been recommended and chosen the H440 case.
I have it myself. And yes, it's an awesome case. It looks fantastic and it screams quality. I can highly recommend it.
One thing you have to note is that it does not have any 5 1/4 inch bays. So it has no support for DVD drives.
I actually like that. It gives you more room for front intake airflow. Besides... who needs a optical drive these days anyway.
Buy a external USB DVD drive instead. That way you don't fill the PC with unnecessarily hardware and cables.
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #16
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
I see you have been recommended and chosen the H440 case.
I have it myself. And yes, it's an awesome case. It looks fantastic and it screams quality. I can highly recommend it.
One thing you have to note is that it does not have any 5 1/4 inch bays. So it has no support for DVD drives.
I actually like that. It gives you more room for front intake airflow. Besides... who needs a optical drive these days anyway.
Buy a external USB DVD drive instead. That way you don't fill the PC with unnecessarily hardware and cables.
Hey man! okay good! wow I don't think I want it though because I will sometimes use the dvd drive for example dvds I want to add on etc.. so maybe ill have to pick another case.. dam

Dude, can I use the fractual design r4 and put a dvd drive into it?
terminator123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #17
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

The fractual design r4 has 5 1/4 inch bays. so it have internal dvd drive support

I's sad to see that this is your deal breaker... an old dying type of storage. It's a good case.... but then again, so is the fractual design r4.
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #18
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
The fractual design r4 has 5 1/4 inch bays. so it have internal dvd drive support

I's sad to see that this is your deal breaker. It's a good case.... but then again, so is the fractual design r4.
yeah man im a bit sad actually, because I don't want to not have a dvd drive and then one day need to use it as I know I will, and I do for putting some onto discs so it is needed :|
but that other case is bloody awesome, but if I can place a dvd drive into the fractual design r4 I will go with that right?

If you are sure then thanks a lot for posting! I still like the fractual design as it looks pretty beasty and awesome (even though its black and plain, but I like the front)
terminator123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
BikerEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 4,013
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

well glad to help...
again... if you really are this much in love with the H440 (i understand why) what's wrong with just buying an external USB dvd drive? It will cost around the same as a internal one.
__________________
MOBO: Asus Maximus 6 Hero - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980ti xtreme - CPU: I7-4770K - PSU: Corsair AX760
RAM: Corsair Vantage 2x4GB - SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 512 + LiteOn LCS-256 - Case: NZXT H440
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #20
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 17
Default Re: (Appreciate very much if somebody can help) PC Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerEcho View Post
well glad to help...
again... if you really are this much in love with the H440 (i understand why) what's wrong with just buying an external USB dvd drive? It will cost around the same as a internal one.
Oh yh wow, I never released you can actually buy them.
Thanks, Ill have a think about it and if I really want to go for the H440 I will buy the external drive, im assuming all you do when you want to use it is just plug it into a usb slot on to he computer.

I actually had no idea you can get them, I thought that you meant a standard USB.
__________________

terminator123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0