Application closing and random restarts

BiggomZ

Solid State Member
Hey, I need some help my friends computer gets random restarts on his computer while playing games,downloading stuff,listening to music and the game will just close itself. It restarts at random time. If you guys can help me I will appreciate it.

Its been happening for a few weeks let me get his specs and the PC temps.

EDIT:

Temp1:33C
Temp2:85C
HD0:40C

Jesus, what is that 85C for, prob the CPU, get a aftermarket heatsink/fan for that.

Check for spyware/virus etc...

If that doesnt work, try a repair.

holy crap 85C????? well theres your problem!!! im going to assume thats the graphics card since speedfan doesnt tell u which is which, u need to take the heatsink off the card, clean off all the thermal paste and replace it with artic silver 5, if that doesnt work then u will need to buy a new heatsink

joxley1990 said:
Jesus, what is that 85C for, prob the CPU, get a aftermarket heatsink/fan for that.

Check for spyware/virus etc...

If that doesnt work, try a repair.
i really doubt its the cpu, no cpu can take temps that high without blowing up, im certain its the graphics card since nothing else in a comp can take it

gaming_freak said:
i really doubt its the cpu, no cpu can take temps that high without blowing up, im certain its the graphics card since nothing else in a comp can take it

Huh, in the older days I didnt have a fan on the CPU, and that was hitting 90-95C - and thats working fine.

Is the video card onboard, or is a seperate offboard card?

No I mean like a year or so ago, with my pentuim 4, I had some huge heatsink on it though.

EDIT> May of been a celeron.

Back
Top Bottom