Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-27-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Default Apple vs Microsoft

Hi I am about to go to college and I need to know wheather I sould get an apple computer or Microsoft. What do you think would be better.

Americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Apple vs Microsoft

I see more Windows user than Mac user at my university. Windows is a bit better because of compatibility with everthing. One student in my Java class was using an Apple PC while everyone else had a Windows machine. Well he needed special software from the instructor just to run some program on his Apple while the rest of us don't. I would get Microsoft.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^

What are you planning to study in college?
^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

I'd get an apple, if your stuff isn't compatible with apple you can always run windows on an apple machine so you get the best of both worlds. The only downside is the cost. If you're worried about cost then I'd go with a windows PC.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^Mike^
What are you planning to study in college?
accounting or economics, or buisness administation or history.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Solid State Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
I'd get an apple, if your stuff isn't compatible with apple you can always run windows on an apple machine so you get the best of both worlds. The only downside is the cost. If you're worried about cost then I'd go with a windows PC.
I was told the mac operating system is better because it does not faill as much as windows.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanfighter
I was told the mac operating system is better because it does not faill as much as windows.
that's true. It's unix based. Mac OS X is very stable and it's also far less prone to viruses than windows is.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy272
Thats true.
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I'd personally get a Windows one. Almost all programs that'll you'll use will run on Windows. Windows XP is very very stable.
I have not had ONE bluescreen since I installed it around 3-4 years ago, and I'm not joking.

As, Troy said, you could get a Mac and run Windows.

But, put that another way, you could buy a Windows laptop or PC, and run the Mac OS...

Personally, I'd rather be able to upgrade with cheaper parts, and also, be possible to run games using a good graphics card. Something Mac's aren't really proficent at doing.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
I have not had ONE bluescreen since I installed it around 3-4 years ago, and I'm not joking.
true, usually it just skips the blue screen and restarts right away.
But seriously, anything is more stable than windows. Hell, I've had my windows reboot when I right click on the desktop... Now normally in that kinda situation people would probably get angry, but I (being a linux fan) almost fell on my ass laughing.

But I'd still go for windows instead of a mac. Never really liked macs, and windows has the best compatibility when it comes to software.