Apple Mac questions?

justinrooney

Solid State Member
I am a current windows user and have been for a long time. I am considering switching to apple computers for a bit of a change. I was wondering, because of their extremely high prices I was wondering if the baseline 2.4 ghz processor and 1gb ram in the new imacs would run any better than the laptop I have now. Here are the specs for the laptop. Let me know what I should do.

Acer Aspire 5610-4654

Intel core duo 2.00ghz
2gb ram
32 bit windows

If you want to try out Mac OS 10, I suggest you take a look at the Mac Mini. It's a great starter computer for those who want to try something different.

I was.....debating that, but I dont want to mix computer peripherals like a dell keyboard and microsoft mouse. And besides that, I dont have a display either.

integrated intel gma 950 graphics card two 50 gig hard drives

how do I find the speed of my hard drive on a vista pc

Marginally? is that a worthy upgrade considering the price? I figured that their would be a fairly dramatic difference between an intel core duo 2.00ghz processor and a intel core 2 duo processor at 2.4ghz

If you compare the whole package (operating system, overall experience), then I'll say it's a worthy upgrade. The next Mac OS will take full advantage of the Intel processor, so you should see a boost in performence when that upgrade comes.

By the way, are you a college student?

Back
Top Bottom