Apple Earphone Problems

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Everyone,

Slightly strange problem with my work PC and my Apple earphones.
I tried to use them a while ago in my work computer to listen to the radio but the sound was ridiculously quiet and distored for everything but "Windows Beeps". As you adjust the sound slifer in windows 7 you get a "bong" this was loud and clear but if i tried a video on youtube or an mp3 file or anything else it was all distorted and quiet. I played about for a while but gave up.

I assumed it was something to do with the sound drivers and i had work to do.

Today i have returned to the issue and updated it to the latest sound drivers still no luck? I then tried the headphones in the back panel speaker connection and it worked fine?

So i figured maybe there was something up with the front panel, still very strange how the "bong" when changing the volume is loud and clear but anything else wasnt working.
So as i was giving up i was playing around with the headphones wiggling them in the port incase it was loose, no luck. I then for some reason pressed the center button on the earphones (usually play / pause) and there was a loud burst of sound, but it stopped once i release the button.

I've now found that in order to listen to sound through the front panel headphone connector on my work PC with my Apple (iPhone) headphones i have to constantly hold the middle button on the earphones?

Very strange, in the back port they work fine without holding the button, on my phone they work fine as normal but the front port on my PC?

Any ideas?

These are the Apple earphones i have:

Volume-Up-+-Volume-Down-%E2%80%93-And-Center-Buttons-Of-Apple-Earphone-600x318.jpg

I have noticed this as well and it happens with any headphones which have a button to answer a call on a phone, I think that this is caused by the way these headphones are wired. If you look at the jack it has four parts to it sperated by plastic rings, however if you look at headphones that don't have the button to answer a call they only have three parts on the jack and work fine.

Last edited:
Hmmm i just think it is rather strange how they work fine on the back audio port but not the front?

Back
Top Bottom