Anyone Know Whats Wrong?

APPO19

Beta member
so i recently bought this pc.
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AM3910-UR10P (PT.SDXP2.002) Desktop PC Intel Core i3 540(3.06GHz) 2GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6450 512MB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

i use it for web browsing and mostly to play world of warcraft. and its running at a steady 30 sometimes higher frames on fair settings. and already bought 2 diffrent graphics cards trying to get the frame rate higher but no dice. it just stays running exactly the same. right now i installed a radeon hd 6570. and its still running exactly the same. as far as something holding me back im not to much a computer person so idk. the pc is posted up top for the specs. i was thinking maybe the ram? idk....

i gone to best buy like 3 times and changed diffrent graphics card and its getting annoying going back and changing 1 only to have to come back the next day again and still nothing. if someone has any idea. please let me know thanks.

It possibly could be the cpu (I3 540) bottlenecking the graphics card.

Another possiblity is that wow may also be mainly cpu dependant not gpu (not a game iv ever played tho)

After doing a quick search on google it seems that WOW is cpu dependant. So thats what you need to change or overclock.

You should be able to get an I5 clarkdale for cheap now.
i sold mine on ebay for £50 (bout $80)

After doing a quick search on google it seems that WOW is cpu dependant. So thats what you need to change or overclock.

You should be able to get an I5 clarkdale for cheap now.
i sold mine on ebay for £50 (bout $80)

really? i would not think an i3 would bottleneck that or even not be able to run past 30fps, i have a q6600 with a GTX460 in my pc, and i used to run wow at 100+ fps when i got into town it would drop to around 35-40 but still, my CPU is from what 2008 i believe?, are you sure your monitor is not just some chepo with a refresh of 30hertz?

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

so i recently bought this pc.
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AM3910-UR10P (PT.SDXP2.002) Desktop PC Intel Core i3 540(3.06GHz) 2GB DDR3 500GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 6450 512MB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

i use it for web browsing and mostly to play world of warcraft. and its running at a steady 30 sometimes higher frames on fair settings. and already bought 2 diffrent graphics cards trying to get the frame rate higher but no dice. it just stays running exactly the same. right now i installed a radeon hd 6570. and its still running exactly the same. as far as something holding me back im not to much a computer person so idk. the pc is posted up top for the specs. i was thinking maybe the ram? idk....

i gone to best buy like 3 times and changed diffrent graphics card and its getting annoying going back and changing 1 only to have to come back the next day again and still nothing. if someone has any idea. please let me know thanks.

also be sure all your drivers are up to date if your swapping new cards

Back
Top Bottom