anyone know...

walid almasri

Baseband Member
Why does my computer freeze (total lockup) when i put a cd into my memorex dvdrw drive? I cannot figure that out for the life of me. And also if i mount an iso cue it sometimes freezes too

what is the cause of this, and is there a fix?

Try downloading new drivers for it...If you have the latest drivers, then just re-install them just in case...go to www.driverguide.com for a list
also try reformating or re-installing ure OS?

Are you using Windows XP? And when you reboot does it ask you if you want to send information to Microsoft?

If so, click on send. If Microsoft has any information on the problem, they will tell what driver caused your computer to crash.

This has worked for me several times. I last one being that every time I would play UT2004, I would get booted back to Windows desktop. After sending the report a note came back to me stating that my DirectCD caused it to crash. So I actually unloaded DirectCD and put an older version on and everything is back to working perfectly.

Believe it or not, Microsoft actually helps out sometimes.

Of course if it does ask you to send information, then I would start with a driver for the DVD drive. Also look for updates for your DVD writing software, i.e. Roxio, Nero or what ever you use.

no it doesnt ask about the microsoft thing, it just freezes, if i play music when it freezes the music stops and skipps in the same area, its buggin me when i install something and on the last cd it decides to freeze. It doesnt do it with my dell oem cd rw, just my memorex dvd rw

Back
Top Bottom