Anyone have an Antec P180?

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
I am looking at getting an Antec P180 case... but am turned off by the weight of the case (14kg without components inside)...

Can anyone that has one give me their opinion please.

Thanks,
Josh

It's that heavy because it's mainly made out of steel for superior durability. Trust me, that case is like a tank.

Yeah, one of these cases is sold for $150, but god, you need a key to open the CDdrve trays. This case is like a safe

have u had any trouble connecting a power supply to ur mobo? iv heard it can be a nightmare because of the location of the PSU... im lookn at geting a NeoHe 550w and a A8N32-SLI mobo

It depends what you're going to use if for. If you're going to use it for normal use, then get it...it's REALLY quiet. If you want a case for LAN parties, look somewhere else...you're going to break your back carrying this thing around to LAN parties. :p The Neo HE's should be fine when you try and connect it to the motherboard. Most of the time, people put things out of proportion when it isn't really. Most people have had no problems with it. If you do encounter a problem with the cable routing, just be patient and figure out a way...it's not impossible.

it will mainly stay at my house but occasionaly i might take it to a friends house overnight.... is it still worth it

Definately. It's VERY quiet and unless you have a loud CPU fan or hard drive, you'll barely hear the fans at all. The Antec TriCool fans that come with the case are absolutely some of the best stock fans ever...they're that quiet.

Back
Top Bottom