Anyone Have the Alienware Aurora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinbreault39

Baseband Member
Just got mine not too long ago, just wondering if anyone else has an alienware, and they wish to share their experiences with me. Also, thought it would be cool if anyone could post some alienfx themes.
Here is a theme i made, just changes all the panels through some of the colors, looks nice.
Anyway, my specs are:
i7 920 2.67ghz (OC to 3.1ghz)
9GB DDR3 Ram 1333mhz
1TB HDD
2 X Nvidia GTX 260
Alienware OptX AW2210 21.5' Full HD Widescreen Display
And here are some pics:
Aurora2.jpg

Aurora3.jpg

Aurora4.jpg

9gb !! what do you do that need 9 gbs? looks like a powerful machine you got there

9gb is an odd number...

i7's use triple channel ram. Therefore you have common configs of 3, 6, and 9 gb's. It is overkill though. So are the 260's, would have been better to go with one 5850 in my opinion. Not a fan of Alienware's stuff at all. For obvious reasons.

This is some sick stuff! I have one GB of RAM less than you...so I know what is is to have that much RAM in there!

well the ram is overkill yes, but it is also very cheap, so why not be safe, right?
I am also a nvidia fan, and when i bought the computer, to buy two gtx260's was alot cheaper than one really good card, and i wouldnt buy ATI anyways.
Regardless, im looking for someone who has a alienware to share some alienfx themes with me, anyone out there?

ATI are a lot cheaper, and have been producing better cards recently.
I'm no fan boy. I have a Nvidia card in at the moment, but how things have been going, it'd be ATI next, like the 9800 PRO before this one.

You won't find many people on here with an Alienware. Most people who can afford to spend that much on a rig, would build their own :p
It looks nice though, thats for sure

That cooler I believe is a Corsair, and I've heard good things about that, as its one closed unit loop, so doesn't take much to prepare.

im only against ATI because one of my laptops has only had driver problems with the ati cards, never had a problem with nvidia.
and thanks for all the comments "nice rig" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom