Anyone have this?

@Raffaz gigabyte ports are good for transfering files on the network which i do alot and all of my computers are gigabyte capable.

@freestyler all my computers have gigabyte and everytime I get a 30 dollar router it always shits on me
Is it that important to have a few files finish a bit quicker? If your using the wireless to transfer the files then your gigabit connection is out the window coz wireless cant transfer anywhere near that speed.

Yeah get the $30 one and if you have files that are that large that require gigabit connection maybe get an external hdd

Is it that important to have a few files finish a bit quicker? If your using the wireless to transfer the files then your gigabit connection is out the window coz wireless cant transfer anywhere near that speed.

I'm not using wireless.

@muz Why by an external hdd by the time I pay for that I could get that router.

I transfer DVD rips from my computer to my PS3. and the ps3 is gigabyte compatible.

I'm not using wireless.

@muz Why by an external hdd by the time I pay for that I could get that router.

I transfer DVD rips from my computer to my PS3. and the ps3 is gigabyte compatible.
Well ok yeah dont buy an external hdd . And if you would use the gigabit enough to warrent the extra cost then go with it but if you are only gonna use say every 4 months no bother so its down to when you use it and how much i suppose

Yeah. When ever I watch a movie I just "get" it and put it on my ps3. That's about the only thing my ps3 is good for lol.

I will only buy Linksys products for networking. I got a chaep D-Link Wireless G PCI card and I could never get 5 bars on it in the same area where a Linksys Wirelss G PCI card could get 5 bars. It's currently in my parents PC because it gets 4 bars and they only use their system for internet, I transfer stuff over the network. I also have a Linksys wireless G router, wired router, and switch. Thw wireless and switch work fine, I was just given the wired router, so I haven't tested it.

Ive got a media streamer in my living room and its connected to my TV, i stream films down to it and i have a standard router and it works fine. If you can justify the extra money your paying for a gigabit connection and your actually gonna get loads of use from it then get it, i just dont personally see you getting much more of a benefit from it.

If you do get it, i would be interested to know how much difference in speed you get, so maybe you could do a test and transfer a few files with your current router, then the same files with the new one and time it.:)

Back
Top Bottom