Anyone have this?

Looks like overkill. I wouldn't get an 802.11n router yet. Wait until it's finalized. 802.11g is good enough for most applications anyway. The Linksys WRT54G is a great 802.11g router for less than half the price of that one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124010&Tpk=wrt54g

Yeah at the moment n is still a draft standard so when the finalised standard comes out it may be different from the router . Also you would need all n cards to realy feel the benefit .
I have a linksys . Wa54gs and its perfect , the web based utility thing is realy easy to use as well . I get a lower signal on my laptop upstairs but it isnt much lower and i have a wire thrown out of my winfow and in the bottom of the house for my desktop

Besides the 802.11n, you don't need Gigabit ethernet. That's just a waste in a home setup unless you need an extremely fast wired connection for servers and things. Even then, Gigabit ethernet would be bottlenecked by hard drive speeds with 7,200 RPM hard drives.

Looks like overkill. I wouldn't get an 802.11n router yet. Wait until it's finalized. 802.11g is good enough for most applications anyway. The Linksys WRT54G is a great 802.11g router for less than half the price of that one.

But it doesn't have gigabyte ports.
Also I'm not even going to be using it for Draft N.

I have alot of things connected to my router and it always shits out on me

I have my computer, my other computer for when friends come over, ps3 and a network printer all wired.

Then wireless I have my moms laptop and my moms desktop.
They all have wireless G, so I'm not looking at this expensive one for Draft N, I don't want something that is going to reset every 5 minutes just like the one I have now.

Also my friend has that router and it also always resets.

I dont think you need gigabit ports, the internet isnt that fast mate. I would get the WRT54G aswell, they are nice and cheap, and you can upgrade the firmware to something like DD-WRT and get loads of extras that you would have to pay alot more for.

But it doesn't have gigabyte ports.
Also I'm not even going to be using it for Draft N.

I have alot of things connected to my router and it always shits out on me

I have my computer, my other computer for when friends come over, ps3 and a network printer all wired.

Then wireless I have my moms laptop and my moms desktop.
They all have wireless G, so I'm not looking at this expensive one for Draft N, I don't want something that is going to reset every 5 minutes just like the one I have now.

Also my friend has that router and it also always resets.
Well, I don't know. The WRT54G is one of the best routers out there.

It doesn't matter. I seriously doubt your computers even have gigabit ethernet ports, and if they do, the computers won't need those speeds anyway.

I agree with everyone here. You can do very well with a $30 wireless router. D-Link makes some pretty nice ones too around that price if you wish you stay with them. D-Link, Netgear, and Linksys are probably the big three when it comes to networking routers.

No need for "n" draft protocol and superboost and things like that. A simple wireless router that supports Wireless 802.11b/g is good enough. Most routers support 10/100/1000.

As for that particular router you linked, you can get it if you wish. It should work perfectly with your existing network. Just a direct swap of your old router with this one. I just feel it's a bit on the expensive end.

@Raffaz gigabyte ports are good for transfering files on the network which i do alot and all of my computers are gigabyte capable.

@freestyler all my computers have gigabyte and everytime I get a 30 dollar router it always shits on me

I have that router in sexy blue and black, and it is great. In fact, it works so well, that I have two of them rigged together. I can get the signal in the park outside my house... And it has never shitted out on me, it still works like a charm. I got it at least a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom