Anyone for dual quads and SLi ??? Octocore goodness

Probably wouldn't be that bad, considering those are Antec fans and are 3-speed adjustable, along with the two Zalmans being completely adjustable.

If I could afford it, I would definitely get one of those! :D you could probably run any game at high settings with no problems. It does seem like it would be a bit loud though, but I wouldn't care. I'd just get some really good speakers to drown the sound out while I'm playing games.

actually, with a fan controller, they should run pretty quiet, and only power up slightly when gaming, etc, if controlled automatically.

I think for the moment, quad is enough :p But, from the results of 3D mark, benchmark programs at least love 8 cores...

Like I said in that time, Having sockected GPU board and the option to buy your own GPU wold make it better IMO.

There is one thing about SLI that always bothers me. In that picture, the top GPU looks like it can't get any air because the bottom GPU is in the way.

There is one thing about SLI that always bothers me. In that picture, the top GPU looks like it can't get any air because the bottom GPU is in the way.
I have to agree with you there, that particular board has a shocking design for SLi, the top GPU would just be sucking hot air off the back of the lower GPU.

Back
Top Bottom