Any way to fix this USB?? *Pics Included*

Delux

In Runtime
hey guys,

pretty pissed off that i broke my USB adapter for my mouse and keyboard.

Reason: had the adapter in my laptop bag, put the laptop in the bag, and the laptop i guess was resting on it.

Help: is there anyway of attaching it back together again, or am i SOL.

Pictures:

image201005090004.jpg

image201005090001.jpg

image201005090002.jpg

Should still work as it is. Or you can splice open a USB extender from a dollar store and solder the wires directly to the connectors.

I'd open it up carefully, and check to see if you have some good soldering points on the board. When you put the metal frame aroud the plug, you should be able to get a soldering job done, but if that doesn't work, try crazy glue.
Just stick it in and it should still work.

Then if he removes it, chances are that the metal will end up stuck in his laptop.

I'd open it up carefully, and check to see if you have some good soldering points on the board. When you put the metal frame aroud the plug, you should be able to get a soldering job done, but if that doesn't work, try crazy glue.

Then if he removes it, chances are that the metal will end up stuck in his laptop.

The metal frame is completely unneccesary. I have a couple drives that do not even have it.

Actually, if accidently someone hits it good, the PCB will get stuck in the USB port, while your USB..."key" will lie on the floor ;)

However, with or without the fram, you still need a pretty good hit.

If someone hit it that hard, it would screw up your usb port regardless of whether it had the metal casin or not. The plastic piece inside a usb port is very strong though, I have seen them take a very strong hit without being damaged.

Back
Top Bottom